[time-nuts] USB Low Cost GPS Timing Receiver

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Mon Nov 29 00:50:23 UTC 2010

Hi Hal:

FOV is 0.2 min x 0.3 min @0.47arcsec/pixel when using 1x1 binning.  The
seeing doesn't often justify 1x1 binning.

Mount is the Paramount ME.
http://www.bisque.com/help/paramountme/performance_specifications.htm
There's a software package called TPoint where you manually point to
known stars and that data is used to fit a model of the common mount
errors and so correct them.  For example if the RA and DEC axis are not
at exactly 90 degrees.  After doing many dozens of stars this correction
(and the PEC correction) allow making images without a guide star for
say 10 minutes, something that's impossible on a Meade or Celestron type
setup.

The scope is a Planewave 17":
http://www.planewave.com/index.php?page=1&id0=0&id=1

Camera is SBIG  STL-11000M