[time-nuts] If there a FAQ

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 05:41:42 UTC 2010

WWV at 10MHz is not bad at all.   My current "system" is a cheap
$0.75 10Mhz crystal tuned with a screwdriver on a veritable trimmer
capacitor.  I know I can zero-beat  it by ear and get within a couple Hz
out of 10MHz.  That is better then 1E-6 simply by hand, ear and screwdriver.
No computer.

The trouble with a 60Khz signal is that a two cycle error gives
a 1 in 30K error,

I'm just looking to use it as a frequency standard, not caring at all about the
data they transmit

I figure my first upgrade is to replace the crystal with a temperature
compensated oscilator chip.   Now to go find one.

--
=====
Chris Albertson