[time-nuts] If there a FAQ

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 17:41:29 UTC 2010

You don't need hearing ability for low pitches.  As the beat frequency
gets lows it
it sounds like the volume is being pulsed.  Like something is playing
with the volume
knob once per second.

It is the same say you tune a musical instrument.    You listen for
volume modulation.
The two pitches either add constructively or destructively.  With good ears and
practice you can match to less then one Hz.   But "anyone" can get 2
Hz.   If you
are matching 10MHz oscillators that means 1E-7 just by ear.

Yes the best plan is to place the screw mid point because at beat match there is
literally no sound

--
=====
Chris Albertson