[time-nuts] If there a FAQ

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 13:33:36 UTC 2010

Don't get hung up around the idea that a TCXO is always better than a plain XO. They are typically designed the reduce the effects of large temperature variations, but a typical OCXO will be much better when your temperature variations are limited, like at home.

Also, a TCXO will usually have lower power consumption and be smaller than an OCXO, but then again, at home, you probably don't care about either.

Just find any HP 10811, by itself or inside an instrument (you can often buy a whole instrument with an internal 10811 cheaper than you can buy the 10811 by itself)

Didier