[time-nuts] Cheap GPS with USB, RS232, BLuetooth and PPS :)

Had had at to-way.com
Tue Nov 30 17:36:58 UTC 2010

Thanks for the heads up Tim. Just ordered one, we will see how it works out.

Had
K7MLR

At 08:29 PM 11/29/2010, you wrote:
>Just joined the list and noticed the discussion about finding a
>cheap USB GPS with PPS on it.
>
>You might like to check these out...
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/MG1613S-Bluetooth-RS232-USB-UART-GPS-Module-Demo-Board-/230555471914?
>
>or buy direct from them here...
>
>http://www.sureelectronics.net/category.php?id=5
>

>I'm using one plugged into an ALIX 2d2 with Debian linux and
>GPSD/NTP. It makes for a nice 12volt NTP server for portable use.
>
>PPS is available at a test point on the board and I noticed that ALL
>the interfaces are active at the same time !
>
>I was able to monitor it over 232, USB and BlueTooth simultaneously
>from different PC's
>
>For ~$40 including the antenna and free postage they're a bargain !
>
>very nice :)
>
>regards
>
>Tim
>
>--
>
>VK2XTT :: QF56if :: BMARC :: WIA :: AMSAT-VK :: AMSAT

A fine is a tax for doing wrong.  A tax is a fine for doing well.

Peter Cooper, of Fermi Lab, says, "Every experimentalist knows
that the apparatus, or at least your understanding of it, is
always at fault until demonstrated otherwise." He also says,
"Nature is really unmoved by what I, or anyone else, believes."