[time-nuts] 60 KHz Receiver

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 22:57:32 UTC 2010

A couple of comments.
If loran c, I built the simulator for the transmitter and its available at
this website
Index of /simloran <http://n4iqt.com/simloran/>
But I left out various wave shaping filters because there was no intent to
xmit on the air.
KISS principal after all its all of $29 maybe. But is very optimized to
preserve the accuracy of the 100kc signal and I did check its behaviors with
the real loran stations it matched very well.
Those filters also optimize ground and skywave propagation characteristics
not a problem when the feed is coax and the endpoint the receiver.

Good comments on spreadspectrum. I have to roll back up to the question
asked a while ago. Goals of the interest. From there what frequency might be
chosen and what method of delivery.
Regards

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org