[time-nuts] Mertic for Comparing WWVB Loop Antennas?

Brooke Clarke brooke95482 at att.net
Wed Oct 13 19:38:18 UTC 2010

Hi:

I've wound a ferrite loop antenna tuned for WWVB based on the Russian
ferrite rods and it's much longer than the stock antenna that comes with
the C-Max WWVB receiver.  I could just replace the old antenna with the
new one, but would rather come up with some way to characterize the
relative performance of them.  One way might be to count the transitions
on the output of the C-Max chip for one minute.  Any thoughts?

http://www.prc68.com/I/Loop.shtml#CMMR-Ant

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke