[time-nuts] HP 5090B

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 21:10:06 UTC 2010

david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk writes:

OK, I  just got one of these as part of a lot of other test gear.

What is it  for?  I found nothing searching the archive, and Google didn't
help much  either.  The Agilent site disclaimed all knowledge!

I suspect it  MIGHT be an off air frequency standard as it has 1MHz and
100kHz outputs and  an aerial input.

Any clues - or pointers to  documentation?

---------------------
Hi David

It's a standard frequency receiver, or at least the 5090A was anyway.

I don't know how similar they are but the 5090A was a bit of an oddball, in
 that it was an HP instrument made specifically for the UK, or UK and
Europe, and the input frequency was specified, im the October 1965 manual  as....

"200-Kc British Broadcasting Corporation Light Program Carrier" :-)

I bought the manual some years ago, just out of curiosity,  but have never
come across one of the units.
I'm quite jealous:-)

I'll do a quick scan of the 5090A photo and send that to you direct just to
 confirm it's the same or similar and should be able to sort out a complete
scan  if you're not in too much of a hurry.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR