[time-nuts] Subject: Neat TCXO

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Oct 17 20:41:17 UTC 2010

Hi

To be a bit more precise:

Motorola set up the US crystal industry as we know it today during WWII.

Up until the 1960's they bought rather than built the vast majority of their crystals. By the 1970's they were making more precision TCXO's than anybody else anywhere.

That all has changed quite a bit. For the most part they got out of the crystal business in the 1990's. Part of their operation became Champion and another part spun off to CTS.

Bob