[time-nuts] WWVB 60 kHz Loop Antenna Progress

Brooke Clarke brooke95482 at att.net
Wed Oct 20 15:35:41 UTC 2010

Hi Bill:

I'm interested in using the C-Max RF front end for a clock application
where the time information is the goal, not like using the HP 117 for
frequency/phase info.
http://www.prc68.com/I/Loop.shtml#CMMR6P60
http://www.prc68.com/I/117A.shtml

But if you live on either coast of the U.S. the WWVB signal is so weak
clocks only sync around local midnight.  So the need for an antenna that
has better pickup.
The current 131 turn 10x200 mm ferrits rod antenna is probably 20 dB
better than the stock C-Max antenna.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com