[time-nuts] GPSDO Comparisons

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Oct 20 23:17:22 UTC 2010

Hi

As long as they are locked, they will follow GPS's ups and downs. In holdover there are some differences, but who plans to go into holdover...

The newer receivers are more sensitive / lock faster than the stuff from the 90's. They also *seem* to be lower jitter/wander. Weather that's true or just an artifact of the software would take some careful work with a good reference standard.

All will make a better frequency standard than you will ever likely need. Time wise the newer ones may be a bit better. There is gear out there that will blow any of them away time wise.

I would have a hard time justifying anything other than a TBolt "needs" wise. That doesn't keep me from owing multiple copies of just about every GPSDO ever made .... it's a disease ....

Bob