[time-nuts] Maintaining boatanchors (was Capacitor Failures)

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Sat Oct 23 05:18:00 UTC 2010

I bought a True-USB PRO GQ-4X Willem Programmer last year from here:
http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/LeftStart.asp?idCategory=27

You can look at the list of devices it programs online. For a current
list, just download and run the latest programming software. You don't
need the programmer to run the software. This thing does several old
chips, although for the ones that use a high programming voltage,
you'll need the external power adapter.

I originally had some issues on Windows XP with the programmer being
particular about USB ports, but that was solved with newer drivers. I
now use the programmer on Windows 7, 64-bit and have no trouble.

MCU Mall also sells quite a few adapters for TSOP, PLCC, etc. at
reasonable prices. I have a few and some day will buy others.

Joe Gray
W5JG