[time-nuts] Maintaining boatanchors

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 24 11:56:09 UTC 2010

On 10/24/2010 01:47 PM, Mark Sims wrote:

> HP had a program called NOMAS (Not Manufacturer Supported) where they did release the source code to some of their calculator products (mainly the HP41 family) and possibly others.  There are many great HP41 (and other calculators) emulations out there because of it.
>
> I really wish they'd do it for the HP16500 logic analyzers...

I would not mind having the HP5372A software, as there is room for
improvements in it.

When doing long measurements it would nice to see some form of
indication of time left or so. For similar measurements it would be nice
with an incremental display, which is feasable for some configs as not
all data is needed unless you need to calculate a frequency estimate.

Cheers,
Magnus