[time-nuts] Determining Time-Nut infection severity.

k6rtm at comcast.net k6rtm at comcast.net
Mon Oct 25 02:53:27 UTC 2010

Dave suggests a wonderful metric for our disease!

Of course a single scalar value can't completely cover it. I suggest that it needs an error bound (I hesitate to suggest "deviation"), perhaps relating to the accuracy of other time devices under common ownership. As an example, in addition to two tbolts, two LPROs, a few 10811's (most of them in instruments, only one running around loose), I have a 100+ year old Seth Thomas mantle clock that has a temperature variation which would make Warren cry. The 40+ year old Regulator-style wind-up clock in a different part of the house runs about five minutes fast. And then there's the other Regulator-style clock that's dead on, twice a day (broken mainspring that still needs replacement)...

Then again, some members of this esteemed list should get values assigned based on the contributions they've made. I'm thinking of my neighbor down the street, Rick N6RK, who deserves at least a 16 based on his work, and Warren who has earned a similar number based on helping (and educating) others.

respectfully submitted,

bob k6rtm in drizzly silicon valley

Message: 4