[time-nuts] Determining Time-Nut infection severity.

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 12:23:17 UTC 2010

One example I saw the report of recently had a fairly well defined TOD. It was a Continental Arilines engineer looking for an oil leak on a 737 at El Paso. He was beside the starboard engine and told the pilot to set the power at 70%. He then stood up and was sucked into the engine. TOD was determined from flight data recorder traces and correlated to ATC radio recotdings that were time stamped. It only took a few seconds for him to go through the engine fan. The pictures of the scene are pretty graphic.

Robert G8RPI.