[time-nuts] RAPCO 1882M-2 autochangeover distribution amplifier

Paramithiotti, Luciano Paolo S luciano.paramithiotti at hp.com
Mon Oct 25 13:08:21 UTC 2010

Hi Nigel,

I have two distributors of frequency, one to be mounted in a rack where I have all my frequency reference and the other one in my laboratory to distribute the FX to the measuring instruments.

I will limit myself to the described modification for the laboratory one, while in the rack that I'm going to completely replace the power supply with another constructed by me, always well a switching psu but well filtered and in a small metal box that helps shielding interference.

One additional note and that the original PSU also generates a lot of interference to the external power source.

My goal 'to have a noise output of less than 1 mV pp measured without input signal. This' to avoid amplitude modulation that would increase the uncertainty of measurement for the phase noise and TIC.

I have the operating manual of the Rapco. I think will be very difficult  to have the schematic diagrams of this equipment.

For radio use, I will recommend this high dynamic amplifier

 http://yu1aw.ba-karlsruhe.de/bfg135aeng.htm

(single +12 VDC) followed by a passive splitter (ex.: minicircuit).

Ciao, Luciano

Luciano P. S. Paramithiotti
IZ5JHJ