[time-nuts] 10811 EFC control

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Oct 28 18:12:58 UTC 2010

You need to understand that there is a +6.2V Zener diode reference
connected to the cathode of the varactor.  If you really want to
minimize any perturbations of the oscillator by the tuning diode,
you should operate up near +5V, so that the voltage across
the varactor is minimized.  Also, ideally, you should bring out
the 6.2V node as the true reference for the EFC (as opposed to ground).

Rick Karlquist N6RK