[time-nuts] Maser manual

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Wed Sep 1 20:45:41 UTC 2010

An early analysis of a fused silica loaded cavity by Sigma Tau:
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA497003&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf
<http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA497003&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf>

Although the dielectric constant tempco and thermal expansion tempco of
fused silica is low so is the dielectric constant so the reduction in
cavity volume is relatively small.

The reduced Q of a dielectric loaded cavity may also be an issue in the
absence of cryogenic cavity cooling.

Bruce