[time-nuts] Off Topic in the Extreme

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Sep 2 06:33:05 UTC 2010

On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 12:36:22 -0400
"Bob Camp" <lists at rtty.us> wrote:

> I had an "interesting" conversation with an advanced tech support supervisor
> at Century Link / Embarq. According to this gentleman, their lines are only
> guaranteed to pass port 80 traffic (HTTP). Anything other than that is "not
> covered by the service agreement". The only thing they will guarantee you
> can get to is their web site. Past that, if it's broke they have no
> responsibility what so ever for fixing it. That's not referring to port or
> traffic blocking. They all swear they don't and would never do that.

If i had an ISP Tech telling me that they cannot guarranty that
any IP traffic is going trough them correctly, i would imediatly
switch to an other.

What this guy was basically telling you is that they are traffic
shaping, probably with some transparent proxy inbetween and are
too cheap to tell you about it.

				Attila Kinali
--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?