[time-nuts] homebrew H maser

Richard W. Solomon w1ksz at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 2 14:21:33 UTC 2010

This discussion reminds me of a time long ago when I
worked at a University. We had one rather obnoxious
Grad Student, who, although brilliant, was a Royal PITA.

So, while constructing his vacuum system, and getting
hassled by him, I located one of the Universities residents,
a large water bug. Which I let loose in the vacuum plumbing.

He was beside himself for about a week, wondering why he
could not get pumped down to the level he expected.

73, Dick, W1KSZ