[time-nuts] Freestanding mast

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 08:18:43 UTC 2010

On 5 September 2010 04:42, Rob Kimberley <rk at timing-consultants.com> wrote:
> Just a thought, as you are in southern hemisphere, wouldn't you see more
> birds facing North?

Oops! I really meant North. Well spotted that man. My satellite
azimuth/elevation chart looks quite typical to text-book style. My
GPSDOs still seem to be recovering from the long power outage caused
by the earthquake here early Saturday morning but the stats seem to be
settling down again. My timing gear and antenna were unaffected but it
sure moved some of the heavy HP instruments that I have piled up on my
workbench and demolished my computer "rack", but luckily everything
seems to be working OK. The only thing that seems to be at fault is my
broadband which is playing up now and I wonder if the telephone lines
have been damaged in some way.

Cheers,
Steve