[time-nuts] Thunderbolt power supply hookup

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 09:45:19 UTC 2010

The separate power grounds available on the TBolt may be useful to
improve performance.
Someone, probably TVB, had comparative graphs of the TBolt with
different power supplies.
The 12v seems to be the sensitive one, it must power the analogue
circuitry.
By returning the sense lead of your 12V regulator to its own ground
on the TBolt you should
be able to provide cleaner power to the unit and get lower noise on
its spectrum.
cheers, Neville Michie