[time-nuts] Fan Filters

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 20:19:26 UTC 2010

30 to 45 PPI is the most common.  Either will work fine,  it just depends upon the size of the crud you want to keep out (and the size of the dust that will accumulate in the machine).  Filters for the 5370 are probably a good idea...  the fan blows directly onto the open-frame front panel slide switches that WILL gunk up...  I think I'd use the 45 PPI.

They also sell pre-cut bags of filter material.  It is around $5 for 10 pieces.  You could buy several sizes and densities for their $25 minimum order.

Urethane technology has come a long way since the 5370 came out...  but given time,  all urethanes seem to revert to their primordial goo.  HP65/67/97/41 calculator card reader drive rollers and Tektronix YT-1S TDR chart recorders are infamous... every one of them has degenerated by now.  The YT-1S is particularly nasty...