[time-nuts] Thunderbolt initial check out?

russell rstanphill at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 19 22:47:54 UTC 2010

This is my first attempt at having a time reference for my home lab.   I have recently ordered a pulled / untested Tbolt (board in box wo/ power supply) from ebay.  It has a 5 day right to return if non functional.  While waiting to receive the unit, I have been getting things ready here (antenna, power supplies w/ connector, and TboltMon).

My question.....  Is there a check out procedure or list of things that I can test quickly to determine if I have received a functional unit with a decent oscillator?  I just want to make sure I have not been sent a dud.   Longer term I can read more, learn, monitor and tweak its performance.   I am only trying to make sure I have a good platform to start with.

Thanks for you advice / comments.