[time-nuts] Upgrading old Thunderbolt?

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Sat Sep 25 05:26:00 UTC 2010

  On 9/24/2010 5:15 PM, WarrenS wrote:
> David
>
> It would be worth while to first see what is wrong, if anything, with
> what you now have.

Too logical.

This could stall two country's economies. Why measure actual performance
of your current model when you can take input from others to learn you
clearly don't have the very best version of this particular vehicle?
Similarly, how could the car industry survive if good enough was really
enough.

But  this is time-nuts so if you want to split moving hairs. you've come
to the right place.

I just purchased a nearly $3K ham radio to upgrade my $sub-1K radio for
a few advantages that are cool, but I haven't really needed until I have
them. So I am not immune from this tendency.

Whatever game one plays it is easy to strive to acquire more than you
really need.

When I try to explain my games to normal people, I frequently use car
racers as a model. Big amounts of money spent to achieve something that
probably doesn't really  matter. But most people can accept the car
racing concept as something they can relate to, so our strange games can
actually be sort of sensible when juxtaposed to burning tires.