[time-nuts] 10 MHz Frequency Standard

J. L. Trantham, M. D. jltran at att.net
Thu Sep 30 19:46:09 UTC 2010

LPRO needs to be calibrated.  Once calibrated, should be pretty good for a
reasonable period of time, depending on what your performance criteria are,
probably a year or so for amateur radio type stuff.

Thunderbolt is linked to NIST, via the GPS satellites, and never needs
calibration.

LPRO more of a 'transfer standard', Thunderbolt more of a 'primary
standard'.

Price, probably, slightly cheaper for the LPRO but I prefer the Thunderbolt.
It goes from 'off' to locked to GPS in about 10 minutes or less (not the
first time though) once your antenna is installed and not moving around.

Joe