[time-nuts] T.I. experimenting - newbie question

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 4 01:18:26 UTC 2011

The electrical length of a piece of coax does change with temp.
The Gore catalog, for instance, has a graph of it.  And it has a most annoying bump right around 20 to 25 C, at least for the stuff I use at work.

As to why... The length changes for one thing. I think, also, there will be a change due to the change in diameter, as well as the density of the dielectric, which will change the capacitance per unit length.