[time-nuts] HP 3586 entirely referenced to 10MHz: A solution II

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:56:47 UTC 2011

"Basically, the higher the division ratio in a PLL synthesizer,
which is what you are describing, the greater the phase noise."

In that case, that may not be a problem. Since the oscillator is a crystal, phase noise should be low enough.

One other issue is that most crystals only want to move in one direction (with the varactor pulling trick), so if it is on the wrong side of where you want it, that won't work.

Otherwise, I have been thinking about that myself.

Didier KO4BB

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless thingy while I do other things...