[time-nuts] SI Unit Problems

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 5 15:51:21 UTC 2011

On 4/5/11 8:25 AM, Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Just reading at:
> http://futureboy.us/frinkdata/units.txt
>
> First about the candela and all it's problems, then what's a Time Nut
> issue  "Hz ".
>
> // This means that, if you follow the rules of the SI,
> // 1 Hz = 1/s = 1 radian/s which is simply inconsistent and violates
> basic
> // ideas of sinusoidal motion, and is simply a stupid definition.

actually 1/s (= Hz) = 2*pi rad/sec

BTW, if anyone is confused, I have a handy direct reading graph
published by HP a few decades ago to assist engineers in converting from
cycles per second to Hertz.  I'll see if I can scan it and attach it
later.  I know I really should have mentioned this last Friday.