[time-nuts] Proton Precession Magnetometer

brent evers brent.evers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:02:40 UTC 2011

I've used and repaired EG&G proton maggies in the past.  I can't
remember a lot from them other than that, as you indicated there
wasn't a lot to them.

I think its best to figure out what you need, because putting a proton
maggie in a box may be physically problematic.  If you really think
that's the way to go, you might want to pick up this Geometrics/EG&G
unit on ebay:

ebay item #380328909088

Frankly, I've seen people use a cheap TCM2 magnetic compass fairly
successfully as a magnetometer, but they were mapping cables, etc.

Also, a google of "eg&g magnetometer pdf" will pull up a few documents
that may be of use.

Brent