[time-nuts] Oncore battery backup

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 18:55:50 UTC 2011

My 2 cents is that a UPS is very inefficient on power conversion. If all you
want to do is preserver the almanac. Lets say a 10 ua need. If on the other
hand you want to keep everything running then larger batteries make sense.
Accept for one gotcha. The chargers on the small UPS's 70-100 watt class are
not really set up to do a good job on a much larger battery set.
With humor they aren't very good for small batteries either.
Regards
Paul.