[time-nuts] cheap 5V OCXO in 14DIP has about 1E-9 drift per day

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:23:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Bruce Griffiths
<bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> A conjugate regenerative divider with 2 parallel (16MHz & 10MHz) low Q
> bandpass filters should suffice.

Never having used one of those, I'm thinking I'd need two mixers, a
10MHz bandpass filter and a 16 MHz bandpass filter.  I'm guessing
there would need to be some gain in the system too.

How stable are these?  Seems to me If the bandpass filters were
temperature sensitive the 10MHz output would drift around.    What
types of filters and mixers are typically used?

I wonder if "conjugate regenerative divider" qualifies as an
inexpensive converter

--
=====
Chris Albertson