[time-nuts] cheap 5V OCXO in 14DIP has about 1E-9 drift per day

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Sat Apr 9 21:57:51 UTC 2011

Hi Brooke,

My recollection of first seeing the 4K7 style of marking was
around about the time computers started being used for inventory
control... 1970's.  It was only the European companies that
were doing it.  It eliminated the confusion caused by the US/Eu
"." and "," decimal points.  It also is less prone to losing the
"." on a component, or PCB mask.

I acknowledge all of that.  But as far as I know, it has never
been used for time and frequency.  That is what I am concerned
about.  It seriously degrades the readability of the emails that
are formatted that way.

-Chuck Harris