[time-nuts] BNC question

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Sat Apr 9 22:53:36 UTC 2011

I have an old Arcnet hub that I want to salvage the isolated BNC
connectors from. Arcnet used 93 Ohm coax. I know that there are 50 Ohm
and 75 Ohm versions of BNC connectors, but the ones from the hub look
like a 50 Ohm BNC to me.

I want to use these isolated BNC connectors for a frequency
distribution amp. What do you think?

I'm still trying to find some old Ethernet cards for the transformers.
I know the cards will have BNC connectors, but the hub has eight
matched BNC connectors, so using them would be preferrable.

Joe Gray
W5JG