[time-nuts] GPS clock error.

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 18:55:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Max Robinson <max at maxsmusicplace.com> wrote:
> This morning at 10 AM CDT my GPS clock read 8 PM July 5th.  My wife reported
> that the time had been 2 hours off at 6 AM local time. ..... I'm sure no one knows the answer to the last question.
> Speculation is welcome.

Power interruption nd the backup battery that holds memory is dead?
There are also endless ways that logic inside th GPS can fail in a
"soft" way.  Memory can become pattern sensitive or a tiny sense amp
in a RAM chip can get noisy and cause one in a billion type soft
errors.   I don't bother to fix things until I can make it repeat on
demand
--
=====
Chris Albertson