[time-nuts] Selecting a used HP sweep/frequency generator

bownes bownes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 04:46:51 UTC 2011

Thanks for the input folks. Based on what you all have said, my needs and the availability from a list member, I'm going to go with a 3325.

I spent some time reading the manual this evening, which states that the 3325 will output up to 20,999,999.99 hz on the front connector and up to about 60Mhz on the aux rear connector. That might just be a very useful feature.

As a side note, the need here is for a sweeper that can be used in conjunction with a network analyzer at the lower frequencies. The function generation of things other than sine is just a bonus.

Thanks again for all the advice. Another question follows in a new post, so as not to hijack this one. ;)

Bob