[time-nuts] LightSquared gets at least some political attention

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Sat Apr 16 11:28:06 UTC 2011

IMO, your crack about NTSC is unjustified. In the 1950s, TV and
electronics was in it's infancy. No transistors, no ICs, and a large base
of installed, expensive sets. A TV set cost about as much as a car!

IMO, NTSC color was a very elegant engineering solution to backwards
compatability. Without that, we could well be still watching B&W.

In contrast, many european countries adopted the government control of the
TV transmissions. The UK had nothing but the BBC....  booooring!

IMO, we all owe Don Fink a big Thank You for BTSC.

YMMV,

-John

[snip]