[time-nuts] Another Frequency divider requirement

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 14:06:32 UTC 2011

I recently bought an old EF Johnson 900 MHz repeater to try to convert to
Amateur frequencies. It uses, but did not include, a 1.25 MHz reference. I
need a divide by 8 circuit in order to use a LPRO as reference. Phase noise
isn't an issue so a regenerative divider is out. I am not sure if the old
reference was sine or square out but I do know that 0 dbM from a 50 ohm
source works. So, I guess the real questions are: Do I need to square up the
LPRO output before the divider, and DO I need a buffer or attenuator on the
output? My feeling is that I will have to build it and just see.