[time-nuts] cheap 5V OCXO in 14DIP has about 1E-9 drift per day

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 15:25:09 UTC 2011

My question about these regenerative filters is that while I know F1 +
F2 = Fin I'm still wondering how stable it is and how you know your
divider will not do something like
10.0001 + 15.9999 = 26.000  for a few hours and then drift over to
9.9999 + 16.0001 = 26.000.    In other words I can see how the filter
keeps the sum locked to the 26.000 reference but I don't see how it
keeps the 10Mhz component stable.

=====
Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California