[time-nuts] OT: At the Flea

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Mon Apr 18 01:19:34 UTC 2011

> Too bad it doesn't need the EPROMS.
>
>> > Folks,
>> >
>> > At MIT Flea this morning I bought a few things I just couldn't resist.
[snip]

At the same flea, outside in the lot after the rain had stopped, I saw a
kid, maybe 10 years old in a cowboy hat. He found a roughly 1950s Gilbert
chemistry in near perfect condition with, as the kid put ir, "with
chemicals and glass test tubes". I've never seen a kid so happy. The
seller wanted $10 and the kid bought it.

A few minutes later, I saw the same kid looking very glum. I asked what
was wrong and he said his dad had made him return the chemistry set...  it
was "too dangerous".

THAT is what's wrong with America today, IMO.

FWIW,

-John