[time-nuts] OT: At the Flea

Chris Erickson ericksonc2 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 18 17:42:54 UTC 2011

Anyone look for a job lately? There's no such thing as "entry level" for
"newly graduated" engineers of any type anymore. Read any actual "newly
graduated" job description and they all require a masters degree and AT
LEAST 3-5 years experience. Oh yeah, and must have graduated within the last
12 months (how those two correlate is beyond me - 3-5 years of internships?)
No doubt that's the "starting salary" he's talking about. It's a myth.

<297195343.3877870.1303130885040.JavaMail.root at sz0025a.emeryville.ca.mail.co
mcast.net>

>On CSPAN's Book TV yesterday the President of Dow Chemical stated that
their *starting* salary for newly graduated >chemical engineers is now
$120K. That $10 chemistry set might have been a good investment.