[time-nuts] OT: At the Flea

Philip Pemberton lists at philpem.me.uk
Tue Apr 19 16:50:27 UTC 2011

On 18/04/11 15:55, Chris Albertson wrote:
> Or he could have been ignorant and had a fear
> of "chemicals" not knowing what scary sounding things like "sodium
> chloride" is.

Or dihydrogen monoxide?

A high-school student won first prize in his science fair by circulating
a report on the dangers of DHMO, then asking his peers what action (if
any) should be taken (i.e. should it be banned?).

46 students called for a ban.
Six were undecided
Only one correctly realised that DHMO was just another name for good ol'
H2O... water.

So that's one in a class of 53. 1.9%.

http://www.snopes.com/science/dhmo.asp

Personally, I'd love to see the results if the experiment were repeated
on the general public... :)

--
Phil.
lists at philpem.me.uk