[time-nuts] Dist Amps Questions

David VanHorn D.VanHorn at elec-solutions.com
Thu Apr 21 18:56:51 UTC 2011

/worry || be_happy.

1.       50/75 ohm question.  I know that putting 50 ohm source into a 75
ohm device will cause SWR. I know that the total power delivered to the
device will be the difference between forward power and reflected power.  So
that doesn't seem bad, just might have a lower power input into the DA.
However, what about distortion? Will the sine wave be distorted somewhat?
And what if any adverse effect could a distorted sine wave have on various
instruments using the 10 MHz reference?