[time-nuts] Fix Trimble Oscillator??

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Fri Apr 22 17:48:22 UTC 2011

I removed the defective Trimble oscillator module.
I suspect it is practically unrepairable.

I did have a Micro Crystal OCXO-BV5  left over from
a dead Odetics GPSDO.  I installed it after poking
around with a multimeter to locate the various
connections.

I had to add an inverter because the
sense of the control voltage is opposite to the Trimble
oscillator.  The inverter consists of a single high
gain NPN with a 39k to +5v, 100k feedback, and
220k to the DAC output.

The attached GIF shows the Thunderbolt 10 mHz ppb
after initial stabilization.  At 2400 I blasted the receiver
with a duster.  For the second event I gave the power
supply a blast from the duster.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com