[time-nuts] GPSDO for my rubber duckie

Tijd Dingen tijddingen at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 18:24:48 UTC 2011

As someone who is currently tinkering with a design in an fpga I had to smile at that statement. :-)

If you want the "edit + compile", then you may want to rethink that part. There are plenty of microcontrollers
out there that are significantly easier to get going. And yes, you can do things faster in an fpga. As in
better timing granularity compared to a micro. But unless you are already well versed in fpga tinkering
count on the fpga route being WAY more expensive (time wise) than a microcontroller implementation.

But if you want to use the complex thingy purely for kicks, noone's stopping you of course. :P

regards,
Fred