[time-nuts] Oscilloquartz 8601 Rebuild Question

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 2 18:46:27 UTC 2011

On 08/01/2011 10:58 PM, bg at lysator.liu.se wrote:
>>     I did find Pope's site earlier after looking for Dewar flasks on eBay.
>>     They don't have one that's close enough in size to be worth the cost
>>     premium over a standard Thermos bottle.  Same with a Google search for
>>     other Dewar suppliers.
>>     The original Dewar had internal dimensions of approx. 50 mm in diameter
>>     by 100 mm deep.
>
> Did you shoot an email to OSA, to check for orginal replacement options?

I pulled my strings and received a special delivery of a replacement out
of their lab, belonging to a scrapped oscillator. Keep the original
since the label of crystal parameters sits on it.

However, I don't expect everyone to be able to get that treatment. I was
simply lucky in this instance.

Anyway, what you could do is ask where you can find a suitable
replacement. So far, they have been quite supportive when I ask
questions on schematics and manuals for old products.

Cheers,
Magnus