[time-nuts] Weird TEC data

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Aug 3 10:00:21 UTC 2011

On 08/03/2011 11:19 AM, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 21:18:17 -0500
> Scott Newell<newell at cei.net>  wrote:
>

>> The general shape and bumps in the plots track nicely, but I'm
>> wondering why there's so many cycles difference after 36 hours.
>
> Could be a measurement error (like losing ticks or something).
> Have you ploted the difference between both? For me it looks as
> the difference is (nearly) linearly growing over time, but it's
> hard to tell from such a plot.

Indeed nice common view, but the difference plot should be there, as it
would better reveal what is going on. The difference plot is probably
best to do by itself since the common mode disturbance varies quite a
lot compared to the peak difference, so scaling would not be suitable to
be the same.

Cheers,
Magnus