[time-nuts] Variation in Radioactive Decay Rate with Solar Activity

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Wed Aug 3 21:11:52 UTC 2011

Well...

1 Ci = 3.7×10E+10 decays per second, so 10 uCi = 3.7x10E+5

So, if the counting interval was 1 second, one can expect 370,000 +/- 6000
counts.

The count rate seems reasonable for easily available equipment. Longer
count times are, of course, needed to get the  6000/370,000 number down.
If the count time went to 100 seconds, 60,000/37,000,000 (SQRT N / N ).
Poisson Statistics.

-John