[time-nuts] UTR timescale draft spec

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Sat Aug 6 17:43:18 UTC 2011

Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

> You just got better wordings here. scalar and mononously are the key
> things, then say that.

OK, I'm not a mathematics major, but aren't "scalar" and "real number"
two different terms for the same thing?  I admit to not knowing whether
complex numbers also qualify as scalars or not, but if they do, then it
seems to me that real number would be a better term: complex numbers are
not intended here.

The rest of the discussion will be moved to the new Mean Solar Time Users
mailing list shortly.

MS