[time-nuts] Seller Joon Kyong on eBay now doing business under multiple names...

jim s jws at jwsss.com
Thu Aug 11 05:22:00 UTC 2011

I am sorry you had problems with Joon.  I have dealt with him under both
id's and have always been lucky to get goods for a price where the
shipping costs he charges is not an issue.

I don't like that he packs the stuff, because I live a couple of miles
from him and always pick stuff up, and he charges even for that.  I
think over time I've done well enough that even though I grumble about,
I'm ahead of the game.

the sad thing is that he has a lot of repairable equipment and needs
people to fix it, but isn't very good a making connections.  Not the
least of them being the issue referred to here.  I don't know where he
gets his stuff, but there is a lot of good stuff he never lists too.

I'm not going to recommend him one way of the other, like any seller,
YMMV, and count your fingers and toes b4 dealing with him or any ebay
seller.

I just got a couple of gizmos for quite a bit under the usual value, so
we'll see.

If you guys like, (probably not) I can explain this to him when I see
him, as I don't feel he really wants to have a bad rep.

The shipping costs are explainable, he's not getting any deals on the
UPS or shipping, and it is weighed slanted towards really large volume
shipper / sellers, and he isn't one under either id.  I sell about 4
things a year, and never bother with the deals you get from ebay /
paypal, going direct to a ups main drop is still the best deal for me.

Jim